A new era is approaching as Invited, the world’s largest owner and operator of membership clubs is proud to unveil a new name, logo and brand for Westlake Country Club to coincide with a massive capital improvement and course transformation for what was previously known as Lost Creek Country Club in Austin, Texas. As the Club celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023, the enhancements are part of a multi-phase project that started in 2022 and will redefine all aspects of the member experience.
“This will stand as the largest club reinvention project Invited has ever undergone. For that reason, it was clear that a project of this magnitude required a new brand to best reflect the incredible transformation and exclusive opportunity that Westlake Country Club will become,” said David Pillsbury, CEO of Invited. “Westlake Country Club is a jewel in the heart of Austin. We couldn’t be more excited to deliver a completely reimagined experience to our members. Our new brand reflects our Club’s deep connection to the city and the people of Austin. The “W” Crown design is inspired by Austin’s moniker, ‘City of the Violet Crown.’”
“I am excited to be a part of this renovation at Westlake Country Club,” said Lanny Wadkins. “When I stepped on the property for the first time, I knew this was a special place. The course naturally moves through the Texas Hill Country featuring Barton Creek running through the property with natural rock and majestic oak trees hugging and cropping the holes and facility. This course will become a star in Texas Hill Country Golf.”
“This transformation builds on a 50-year legacy of genuine community and warm service. This reinvention plan is the most in-depth of its kind in our history, and will transform every area of our Club for decades to come,” said Chip Gist, General Manager, Westlake Country Club. “Both long-time residents of Austin or those who are new to the area, we are excited to open our doors to what will be a totally new experience. With views of the surrounding vistas and landscape, our Club offers a secluded Hill Country retreat just 20 minutes from downtown. Interest is already exceeding our expectations and will continue to build as we debut the course in November. We are thrilled for what this next chapter holds for our Members, staff, guests and the greater Austin community.”
The reinvention plan consists of three primary phases:
- The first phase consists of a multi-million-dollar enhancement began in November 2022, with dramatic improvements to the Tennis and Racquet Sports facilities, the Pool and Aquatic areas, and the Icehouse Bar and Restaurant.
- The second phase will transform the golf course and practice facilities into a well-rounded, challenging, and beautifully maintained layout. World Golf Hall of Famer Lanny Wadkins has served as the design consultant, lending his expertise and creativity to create the perfect blend of playability and beauty. The course will be completed and unveiled in November and will instantly become one of the crown jewels in Austin.
- The final phase will include the renovation of the main clubhouse and will touch everything from dining, private events, locker rooms, audio-visual equipment, family areas, parking lots, and landscape.
Golf Experience Enhancements:
- The vision of famed course architect and former PGA Tour champion Lanny Wadkins comes to life at the reimagined Westlake golf course. Renovations will take place from tee to green, including golf practice facilities.
- Completely redesigning the green and bunker complexes to create a true championship-style golf course
- Increasing course variety, from drivable par 4s to reimagined sight lines leveraging the native landscape
- Enhancing the short game area and adding a short practice course
- Lengthening the driving range and adding new targets
- Installed TiffTuff turf on the tees, fairways and primary rough & Champion G12 greens
- Enhanced Torro Irrigation system
- Expanding pickleball while leveling up tennis, from the courts to the viewing areas and spaces for socialization.
- Resurfacing all tennis courts with premier coat, paint, and seal
- Transforming two tennis courts into six dedicated, top-quality pickleball courts
- Installation of enhanced, sustainable landscape throughout tennis facilities
- New LED lighting
- The Sports Club will also be renovated and will include new food and beverage offerings
Pool Area (Now called the Roost)
- Retile coping and tile at both pools
- Replace wooden decks with composite decking
- Add shade on the east and west side of the Recreation Pool
- Install a new sound system to enhance the experience further
- Create the ultimate lounging experience with resort-style pool furniture
- Expand the shaded seating area on the east side
- Enlarge and enhance the existing bar for a premier bar experience
- Install weather-resistant shade walls and misters for year-round comfort
- Revitalize the atmosphere with resort-style outdoor furniture
About Westlake Country Club
Originally rural ranch land in 1972, the Lost Creek property has been transformed into a recreational haven. From active families to busy professionals with a passion for sports and social activities, Westlake Country Club provides facilities and features to meet all needs. Members can play a round on the newly renovated golf course, compete in racquet sports on one of 14 tennis courts and six pickleball courts, work out in a 7,500 square foot, state-of-the-art fitness facility, relax in one of three swimming pools and enjoy delicious food and a first-class dining experience. With exceptional programming, business and social events, members build lifelong relationships and develop a network of connections that lead to personal fulfillment and invaluable family memories.
Weaving around Barton Creek’s legendary waters, the par-71 championship golf course at Westlake Country Club offers one of the finest golf experiences among golf courses near Austin, Texas. Upcoming renovations will expose more of the scenic beauty of the Hill Country’s natural landscape, with stunning views enhancing the enjoyment of every round played. The golf facility features a driving range, putting green, a new learning center, and a fully stocked pro shop for club fittings and the latest gear and apparel. The club also offers programs for families, from sports teams and leagues to special dining events and fun activities. Please add other club details here
About Invited (formerly ClubCorp)
Since its founding in 1957, Dallas-based Invited has operated with the mission of Building Relationships and Enriching Lives®. The leading owner-operator of private golf and country clubs, city, and stadium clubs in North America, Invited is relentless in its pursuit of providing extraordinary experiences, meaningful connections, shared passions, and memorable moments for its more than 400,000 members. The company’s mission is supported by 20,000 peak-season employees and a portfolio of 200 owned or operated golf and country clubs, city clubs, sports clubs, stadium clubs in 29 states, and seven BigShots Golf locations. Invited creates communities and a lifestyle through its championship golf courses, workspaces, handcrafted cuisine, resort-style pools, tennis and pickleball facilities, golf lounges, fitness centers, and pioneering programming.
Marquee Invited properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); The Woodlands Country Club (Houston, Texas); and The Metropolitan Club (Chicago, Illinois).