An exciting new partnership between the London Golf Club and Al Zorah Golf Club will see members of the Kent-based club compete for the chance to win an incredible five-night luxury holiday including unlimited golf at the spectacular Jack Nicklaus-designed course in the United Arab Emirates.
The Kent club’s Order of Merit competition, ‘The Race to Al Zorah’, will see members of the 36-hole venue designed by 18-time Major champion compete over ten events throughout the year for the opportunity to claim the amazing first prize.
As well as receiving five nights’ accommodation for two people at the five-star hotel, The Oberoi Beach Resort, the winner will enjoy unlimited golf at Al Zorah Golf Club in the United Arab Emirate of Ajman, near Dubai. Airport transfers, golf buggies with GPSI, warm-up range balls and first tee amenities are all also included.
The ten events – which can each be entered with a £10/£15 entry fee – will see London Golf Club members compete in a variety of Stableford and medal competitions from May until November as they battle to accumulate the highest number of points. The top three at each individual event will also receive a cash prize.
Competitions will take place across both the Kent club’s championship golf courses – The Heritage and The International – and can be entered at any time meaning new members to the London Golf Club can also take part in ‘The Race to Al Zorah’.
A members-only course designed by Jack Nicklaus, The Heritage is a par-72 stretching to 7,208 yards from the back tees that has hosted the DP World Tour on numerous occasions, including the Cazoo Classic in 2021. One of the finest downland courses in Europe, The International is also a par-72 and is punctuated with exciting risk and reward shots over water and undulating fairways.
Both London Golf Club and Al Zorah are part of the Nicklaus Design network, which features 425 courses across the globe.
London Golf Club’s chief executive, Stephen Follett, said: “Here at London Golf Club, we are always looking for ways that we can continue to enhance the member experience by offering our membership even more.
“’The Race to Al Zorah’ competition and the amazing prize on offer is another example of just this, and we are grateful to Al Zorah Golf Club for their support in sponsoring our 2023 Order of Merit.”
Managed by Troon Golf, Al Zorah Golf Club has established itself as one of the Middle East’s best golf courses since opening in 2015. Set within a stunning natural environment, the course provides golfers with a unique golf experience with water levels shifting with the tides throughout the day.
Philip Henderson, general manager of Al Zorah Golf Club, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with the London Golf Club by sponsoring The Race to Al Zorah.
“Good luck to all members taking part in the event and we look forward to welcoming the deserved winner and a plus one to Al Zorah Golf Club for what promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
For more information on membership at the London Golf Club, please contact Freeman Rogers at email@example.com
ABOUT LONDON GOLF CLUB
· Located in Ash, Kent, the 36-hole facility was designed by 18-time Major champion, Jack Nicklaus, and was officially opened in July 1994.
· The opening was marked by a Charity Challenge Skins Match on The Heritage as Nicklaus went up against fellow golf icons Seve Ballesteros and Tony Jacklin, with the popular Spaniard taking the honours.
· The Heritage is par-72 and measures 7208 yards from the back tees (although four tees are available to suit all abilities) and is a members-only course, although guests can play with members.
· The International is also par-72 and measures 7005 yards from the back tees (also with four tees to suit various abilities) and is available for play to all visitors.
· Extensive practice facilities include a 330-yard driving range, two bunkers – including a fairway bunker – and greens for both chipping and putting. · For hi-res images and videos, please visit this link: London Golf Club · www.londongolf.co.uk
For more information on Al Zorah Golf Club, visit: www.alzorahgolfclub.ae/