Davidson Hospitality Group will manage Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Ga. under its specialized operating vertical, Davidson Resorts. Situated one-hour northwest of Atlanta, the 3,000-acre resort features 140 rooms, including standalone cottages and suites; 16,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space; a hunting reserve, a championship golf club, and a 10-acre lake.
In collaboration with ownership, Davidson will oversee the planned expansion project, incorporating new amenities, room renovations and more.
“It is a privilege to welcome Barnsley Resort to our growing family,” said Davidson Hospitality Group Chief Executive Officer & President Thom Geshay. “Situated in our backyard and undeniably Georgia, Barnsley fosters a special place in our hearts based on personal, firsthand memories of outdoor adventure and Southern hospitality. We look forward to formalizing our stewardship of this world-class property by creating value for our partners and delivering authentic, rich experiences to our guests.”
Set on 3,000 scenic acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Barnsley Resort offers an array of amenities and services for guests of all ages and interests, including:
– Three restaurants and bars, including a Beer Garden;
– Award-winning Jim Fazio-designed 18-hole championship golf course and Golf Performance Center;
– The Spa at Barnsley Resort;
– Outdoor recreation including horseback riding, axe throwing, archery and more;
– Beretta Shooting Grounds by High Adventure Company;
– 10-acre lake for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing;
– Manor House Ruins & Gardens;
– Fitness Center;
– Three retail shops; and
– Outdoor swimming pool (available seasonally).
This marks the third property that Davidson operates in the state of Georgia; joining Bellyard, Autograph Collection and Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter Center, both in Atlanta.